Cinnamon Essential Oil It's Benefits and Uses
Do you high blood sugar? Do you have poor circulation? Do you have body inflammation? Do you have bad breath? Are you a mosquito magnet?
If so, then Cinnamon Essential oil is for you! We use cinnamon essential oil in many of our essential oil blends.
Facts About Cinnamon Oil:
- Cinnamon essential Oil comes from a tree and has two botanical names: Cinnamomum Zeylanicum and Cinnamomum Vervun. They both mean the same thing and refer to the same tree to produce true cinnamon.
- Cinnamon essential oil can be produced from the tree leaves or its outer bark.
- Cinnamon is said to be one of the most valuable and oldest spices in the world.
- The two main types of cinnamon essential oil are cinnamon bark oil and cinnamon leaf oil.
- In ancient Egyptian times, a person who possessed cinnamon was considered wealthy.
- Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka however, it also grows in other countries like India, China and Indonesia.
- Cinnamon essential oil is produced by steam distillation
How to use Cinnamon Essential oil:
- Topical:Always USE a carrier oil when applying essential oils to your skin. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties!
- Oral:This is NOT recommended, unless you know it is a pure oil, you know where it comes from and it is for Internal use. You never want to put anything into your body that you are unfamiliar with, especially if it isn't a good quality oil or if it states not for internal use!
- Diffuse / inhale: Diffuse Cinnamon oil throughout your home at night to help increase your sex drive. It is a natural aphrodisiac. It is also a mosquito killer!
Benefits of Cinnamon Oil:
(There are so many benefits to Cinnamonoil, but these are the most popular.)
- Bad Breath: Make sure you have an excellent quality pure essential oil, put 1-2 drops of cinnamon oil mix in with your toothpaste and brush your teeth to alleviate bad breath.
- Promotes hair growth: Massage into your scalp daily or put in your shampoo or mix it with almond oil fr a homemade scalp treatment.
- Fights mosquitoes: Diffuse cinnamon in the air to repel mosquitos. It's also a good antibacterial to help fight any infections.
- Fights Parasites: Studies show that cinnamon oil is a great parasite treatment due to its antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties. Cinnamon oil is great for killing germs in the gallbladder. Combine the oil with ginger and it is great for fighting off intestinal infections. Rub topically on your stomach, for internal use consult with a doctor.
- Improve Blood Sugar levels: Cinnamon oil is know to have positive effects on insulin release which aids in keeping blood sugar levels stable. This can help curb sugar cravings and overeating, prevent fatigue and moodiness. This is very useful for anyone with diabetes. I would not ingest the this unless consulting with a doctor.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Cinnamon oil has the presence of a blood thinning compound in it, which helps improve blood circulation making sure oxygen is supplied to your cells. This can help reduce the chances of heart attack and increase your metabolism.
- Boosts Brain Function: Cinnamon oil can aid in memory loss and remove nervous tension. Just smelling cinnamon oil has proven to have the ability to boost brain activity.
- Aids in digestion: Cinnamon is very effective fighting off indigestion, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. It can also be helpful in reducing the effects of morning sickness and eliminating excess gas from your stomach.
Note**Do not ingest this or any essential oil without consulting with a doctor!